The Embassy of Finland in Nairobi has announced a call for project proposals for the 2020 Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC).
FLC plays a complementary role to the Finnish development co-operation programme in Kenya, with the aim of reducing poverty and inequality. The fund supports the initiatives of Non-Governmental organizations (NGOs) and other non-state actors in Kenya. The support is intended for project-based support only.
FLC will offer support to civil society organizations under the following priority areas;
- Realization of Women’s and Girls’ Rights:
- Promotion of Youth Employment
- Human Rights Promotion, Citizen Participation, and Oversight for Accountable Governance:
- Grant between Euros 30,000 – 200,000.
- The maximum funding available for this Call is 550 000 Euros.
- Implementation period: one or two years.
FLC funding cannot be granted:
- To government ministries or counties
- To Unregistered association or organization
- To Support the activities of a political party
- For basic research
- For single cultural events
- For charity
- For humanitarian aid
- For scholarship or assistance for applicant’s personal use
- For purchasing land
- To a fund
- For building the capital of microcredit system
The applicant needs to be a non-governmental organization,
- Civil society organization or
- Non-profit private entities registered in Kenya.
- Alignment with Finland’s development policy and the above-mentioned priority areas
- Clearly defined project outputs and targeted outcomes supported by adequate indicators, baseline data, and risk assessment
- Realistically planned project activities that contribute to the desired outputs
- A project budget that is in line with the activities
- Previous documented experience and management capabilities of the applicant in the same sector/theme
The applicants must have sound financial records, as well as sufficient human resources for the implementation of the project.
For more information, visit
Are You Searching for Latest Grants, New Donors, Sample Proposals, Jobs and How to Apply Resources? Get accredited today by CESRA and you will receive all theseCHARITY ACCREDITATION